Sunday, September 30, 2007

Miniature books

You might think I am swallowed by Gulliver’s Travels, since I post about miniature stuff a lot. After miniature bookstores, a miniature library, I now give you: miniature books! It was the only thing yet missing.

Miniature books are a whole book world on it’s own, I discovered recently. Browsing the web, I found myself on loads of different mini bookish sites. Did you know, for instance, that there is a Miniature Book Society? Click here to find out more and maybe even become a member!

I can understand the passion of the members of the Society. Take a look at this website. All the major works in miniature! You can even read these tiny works of art, if you have very good eyes. Or simply a magnifying lens. This website also has miniature books, but those have blank pages. It does not take away the beauty of these tiny books, though.

If you would like to make some of these books yourself, click here for an interesting ‘how-to’ manual. The book teaches you all the basic principles of (miniature) bookmaking. Make sure you have the much needed patience to embark on a mini project like this!

Mini books

No comments: